Monday, July 30, 2012

Alternative health care, like diatomaceous earth, can be confusing at times. One reason for this is because when you first start taking care of a problem you can get very sick, suddenly.


This is because your body is so ill that the thing that it needs makes it have a bad reaction. I thought this was called a healing effect, but I can't seem to find it under that name.


Some people I know got very bad diarrhea from using diatomaceous earth at first. I believe this was because their bodies needed diatomaceous earth or something in it very badly. I am not an expert on either diatomaceous earth or alternative healing. Every person is different and the most important part of using alternative medicine is to pay attention to what is going on inside your body. 


Diatomaceous earth may cause severe constipation for me and others I know, and my animals. Since I became vegetarian, this is not much of a problem for me. When I give diatomaceous earth to my cats, I always make sure they have lots of oat grass to eat. This prevents constipation for them. I watch their litter box and if I think there is any tendency for them to be constipated, I dose them with petromalt as well.


Someone was searching for how to dose cats with diatomaceous earth. I put it into food. I like to use butter because it is easy to get into their mouths. You can even push it between their teeth. 


I always take a treat and let my cats see me put it nearby to give to them immediately afterwards.They are so interested in the treat that they don't pay as much attention to the diatomaceous earth being shoved into their mouths.


I have a huge repertoire of tricks that I use to give my cats medicine and do other treatments to them. This blog is not for that kind of information. 


I want people to include their pets in their preparedness, and the basics are okay here. I will probably do a cat care blog and maybe include some helpful things I know about other animals, especially dogs. Right now I need to keep helping people be prepared for disasters.


As you know, if you read my blog much, I believe that people need to be prepared for bigger, more frequent and more widespread natural disasters. These are in addition to nuclear war disasters, and other kinds of man made disasters.


I hope that you and your loved ones will work on disaster preparedness, so that you will have a better chance to survive.



No comments:

Post a Comment