Sunday, August 26, 2012

Making Up Your Mind To Survive In Tough Times

It is very easy to postpone decisions and actions until later. That includes emergency preparedness. There are a lot more people who think about getting prepared for emergencies than there are people who are actually ready for an emergency when it comes.

You could have the rest of your life to regret not being prepared for an emergency, once you are in the middle of that emergency. The worst part of it, not being prepared when an emergency hits you could mean the rest of your life would be a very short time. You could die because you are not prepared.

Life in our modern times can be very stressful. That stress can make it hard for you to make decisions. I have had that problem myself. There is a tool that I use, and have shared in previous blog posts. It is Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.  

I drew my own diagram of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, so there will be no problem about bothering someone else's copyright for it. I would appreciate it, if you print it out to use, that you will keep my copyright information on it, please.

Here it is:
Copyright 2012 Yvonne Begley


The use of this diagram can help you to focus on your most immediate survival needs first. 

I believe that climate change emergencies will become increasingly common as time passes. One of those is the drought that hit most of the connected 48 states of the USA. The drought this year includes almost all of the most productive farmland in the country. 

We can expect food production to become more and more difficult as climate change continues. 

I hope that you and your family will work on your emergency preparedness. I hope that you will be ready when the next emergency comes to your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment