Thursday, August 30, 2012

Reproductive Health 3- Raising Sperm Counts

This post is a continuation about ways for individual men to raise their sperm counts.

2. Get your cell phone away from your genital area. Some studies show that having cell phones in pockets near your genital area will lower sperm counts. It was suggested that simply putting the cell phone in a shirt or arm pocket is adequate.

3. Reduce plastic in your diet. Yeah. Yeah. I know you don't munch plastic. You take it in anyway. An easy way to fix this problem is to look at anything that you might put food into and see what number it has on the little triangle. The triangle is usually on the bottom. You want food only in plastic numbers 1, 2, 4 and 5. Numbers 3, 6 and 7 are bad food plastic.

It can take science to let us know about some problems that come with newfangled inventions like plastic. They already took a while to let us know that there was a problem with any kinds of plastic. I think it is a good idea to stop putting food in contact with any plastic that you can possibly avoid.

Water bottles are one way you ingest something that has had a lot of contact with plastic. If you carry a water bottle, get a metal one. I don't have one yet, but I am getting one. I already filter my own water. I am putting it in #1 bottles at this time, but am working on something different.

I gather that a lot, or perhaps all, bottled water companies put water in their bottles while the bottles are still hot from being made. It was mentioned that drinking water from these may be a problem. I rarely drink pre-bottled water.

Women are not off the hook for problems from plastic either. We get cancer from it. I had a breast cancer scare and almost got both of my girls cut off.  I might post about that some time.

Excessive plastic use has had a very bad effect on the rest of nature, as well as on the human race. We are turning our oceans into a giant plastic soup. We need to stop this. Do what you can to cut down on plastic in your life.

4. Get your weight into proportion to your body. Obesity lowers sperm counts. Too little fat is not good either.

Okay. I need to continue this yet again, because it is getting too long. Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment