Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Accupressure And Accupuncture Methods For Emergency and Everyday Use

Allopathic is the term to describe the typical Western style medicine that you get from MDs with stethoscopes and white lab coats. Most people are very limited in what they can do for allopathic medical treatment for emergencies.

Alternative types of medical care is often much more accessible to an average person to use for emergencies when allopathic medical care providers and their hospitals and clinics are overwhelmed. If you intend to be prepared to help care for illness and injuries during an emergency, there are many alternative medicine options that you can look into.

There are so many different options available for alternative medical care, that this blog is not large enough to even hit the highlights on the major categories out there for us. I will only mention a few that I have had a little personal experience with or know others who have. I use alternative medical care for my pets most of the time, especially as a preventative measure to keep down vet bills and wear and tear on my pets and I.

The first time I began to take acupuncture and acupressure seriously was after I tried it on my cats. I have one turbo-charged little Alpha (neutered) male who is very bossy. He has always stirred things up a bit. 

This motivated me to try an accupressure point from a chart in a book I had. The accupressure that got my attention was for calming cats. It is located in the soft fuzzy hollow right behind their big foot pad on their right front foot. Small, gentle circular movements were recommended for calming a cat. I tried it on the Alpha kitty and the ones he was bossing around. All of them sat around afterward with a relaxed slightly dazed look on their faces. No spats for a while afterwards!

I tried it repeatedly with the same results. It was better than some animal tranquilizers. That sold me on accupressure and by extension, accupuncture. I suggest you use an accupressure book or chart and try it for yourself. Nothing I can say will make an impression like seeing it for yourself.

I really liked some sandals I used to have that had little accupressure bumps all over them. They were supposed to improve your health by massaging your accupressure points as you walked around in them. I found them very helpful. 

I recently learned about "baoding balls". these are the Chinese or Japanese balls that often have chimes inside them. They are meant to be manipulated in your hands and stimulate your accupressure points in your hands as you handle them. 
Baoding Balls usually come in pairs inside a box made for them.

They used to be made of iron, but now are more often made of chrome, stone, or plant material. I think the stone ones are more aesthetically pleasing, but are not a durable and chip resistant as the new style steel ones. Some metal ones are made covered with ornate cloisonne' decorations.

Balding Balls are intended to help the health of your entire body, even though they are also meant to help your hands specifically. They are said to be especially useful for preventing diseases that can make your hands less useful as you age. I am looking for a set of baoding balls to purchase in the near future. 

It is recommended that one begin with a set of baoding balls that are comparatively small, like 30 millimeters.
As you develop skill and ease with smaller baoding balls, you can gradually increase the size and number that you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment