Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happiness Is Preparedness

You are the only person in the world that can make you happy the rest of your life. No matter what happens to you, you can choose to be happy. This is on beyond the glass that is half full or half empty idea. 

Your happiness is not dependent on anything outside of yourself. You can decide to be happy, no matter what is going on. I am not talking about a state of pink cloud bliss every moment. This is the idea that the way you generally feel about yourself is that you are happy.

A friend of mine was pretty hard core about this idea of happiness regardless of your circumstances. He told me that he had a miserable cold one time. He annoyed me by telling me that he was happy regardless of his cold and that he was actually enjoying having a cold.

I expressed my doubt about him enjoying having a cold. He told me more about it. He said that he was enjoying all of the interesting things that a cold caused to happen to his body. He liked the way his nose was dripping and he said he particularly liked it when he sneezed. 

The nose dripping gave me a lot of trouble about enjoying it. I could understand the sneeze enjoyment more easily.There is a pleasant sense of relief when you sneeze.

I still can't emulate my friend with his enjoyment of colds. You don't have to be happy about the same things that someone else is happy about. I may not enjoy a cold, but I do like the nice warm feeling of being snuggled into blankets and waking up feeling better. Those are things I can choose to be happy about. You can pick your own.

No matter what happens to you, it is possible to find something to feel happy about. You can concentrate on the happy parts and ignore the rest.

If you read the Celestine Prophecies, you already know that you can look at something you like and get energy from appreciating it and drawing that pleasure up into yourself. You can do the same with anything you enjoy.

You can store that energy/happiness and run on it in the times where it is more scarce for you. The more you do this, the better you will become at doing it. 

Keep looking for things that give you energy/happiness. The more you look for them, the more you will find. The more it you find the more you can store away inside you. All of this will result in you being happy more often. 

I have not reached the exalted state where I am happy all of the time, but I suspect it is quite possible. I am happy most of the time. I think it is possible to manage to become happy all of the time. That is what I am going for - being happy all of the time. I think you can do this also, dear reader. I hope you will start working on that. I would like for you to be happy all of the time.                               

No comments:

Post a Comment