Thursday, February 21, 2013

What I'm Watching While Working On A Problem

Tonight I can not do my usual post because I need to work on a problem that can't wait. 

While I am working on this problem I will be watching some videos. I thought that it would be good to share some links for those who are interested.

Here is one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xJz_POB6WZc

The link above is to a talk at the University of New England by Bill McKibben. He is the leader of 350 and I believe also the founder.

350 is an environmental movement with people in every country in the world except North Korea. The main focus of 350 is to get the word out about the necessity to cut our carbon molecules in our air down to 350. We are currently at 392, so we have some work to do.

Doing the carbon reduction is necessary to avoid an out of control feedback cycle of more carbon going into the air due to climate change which will make climate change worse, and so on. Bill McKibben is too cautious to say it, but human life depends on it. Once said feedback cycle gets started, it is unlikely humans will be able to live on the earth much longer. 

We will not only doom our grandchildren to a miserable existence, but we will cause their deaths and the end of the human race.

If you look on youtube, there are other videos by McKibben there and you can always look him and 350 up in a search engine.

This is all I have time for right now. I hope you watch the video and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment